Blesq Diamonds
15 January 2020

Industrial Diamonds

We’d like to share our passion and expertise for diamonds with you, which is why we’ve created the Blesq diamonds blog – read on for gripping tales and exciting news about the most precious gemstone on Earth.

Distinguishing between two different variants of the industrial diamond. Synthetic diamonds are made in a variety of processes that replicate the natural conditions of pressure and intense heat. However, the development process does not take thousands of years at depths of hundreds of kilometers, but only a few weeks in highly sophisticated facilities.

Due to the absence of time and factors of natural production, synthetic industrial diamonds are significantly cheaper. They account for 97% of the diamonds used in the industry, with the remaining 3% being natural industrial diamonds. These actually originated deep within the Earth, but do not meet the quality requirements for a piece of jewelry or an investment diamond. Often because they’re too small, or have too many inclusions. Only 30% of the world’s natural diamonds are of such high quality, thus used as jewelry or investment diamonds.

For a diamond that carries a million year history, both as a personal investment and as a gemstone, contact our Blesq Bespoke service experts.